We then set up, and promptly head out to the nearest winery the SCHUG winery http://www.schugwinery.com/. Our very first winery- we chose it because wine tasting was cheap and it was close to our campsite as it was already 3:30 when we ventured out. The Winery had no tours but we tasted there most celebrated wines and enjoyed the same. We asked tons of questions re: the winery trade. This winery harvests 42 acres and purchases 89% of the grapes they use from other local wineries. They store their wine barrels in caves - which looked really cool from the outside. They specialize in Pinot Noir and we purchased there sparkling Pinot Noir - which was delicious. It is so stuning here you drive through the valley and it is mile after mile, hill after hill of grapes vines.
On the drive home I spotted an outlet store (well okay. . . . confession, I may have spotted it while driving into Petaluma) and I/we had to stop. I really needed shoes, okay so those of you who know me best just be quiet and listen - I really did need shoes. While flats are cute they are not the best for walking mile after mile on our tourist ventures I needed a pair of hiker things. I ruined my hikers building bins this summer with Colin (this by the way gives a wife a GREAT bargaining point while trying to convince your husband to take you to the outlet store)!
YAY I got to go!!!! So into Puma and bought a cute pair of shoes, I managed to get Colin interested in Golfing shoes (every man NEEDS these) so I dropped him at the Nike Outlet store and RAN to both Sacs fifth avenue and Banana Republic and managed to make purchases at both before I got got and shut down. A women who has not been to a good outlet mall has not lived - WOW so FUN and SO CHEAP, its crazy. I assure you that I am NOW sporting very highly fashionable Puma hikers and perhaps some stylish garments for Sac Fifth Avenue!!!! Colin then dragged me out - men . . . they just don't understand!
We then headed to the nearest grocery store to purchase supper and back to the trailer. We then enjoyed some beer and our supper followed by a campfire and our sparkling Pinot Noir. we are off to bed, need to get rested up for the three wineries booked (tours, tasting and all) for tomorrow.
Take care.
2 comments:
Dad is coming for sure for the canned beer and clam!!! Aren't grocery stores fun in other countries? Entertainment all in it's own. Glad to hear you are having so much fun. And it is fun to wake every morning to see if you blogged. Dad waits up everynight and checks before he goes to bed.
Wish we were there.
Love mom & dad
I am sooo jealous!!! Oh how I wish I was at a winery right now.... sigh.
Sounds like you are having an amazing time. Keep up the great work on the blog. I love reading about your adventures!
Debra
Post a Comment