Friday, January 16, 2009

Fremont Street!











































Fremont street before a show





























The roof all lit up during a show!




























Sunday Jan 11, 2009
Sunday was HOT! We walked the strip most of the day and even had to go back to the hotel to put shorts and sandals on – YES!!!! We made sure we hit all the major hotels and shops – I had my first experience with Manolo Blahnik, Louis Vuitton, Dior etc. . . Of course I did not buy anything but I wooed over A LOT and even touched an $800 pair of Manolo Blahnik pumps. I was in the mother land, as I was touching the shoes I could see the Louis Vuitton purses across the hall. I looked very much like a tourist (a poor tourist) taking pictures in front of all the signs!!!!!! While I had my fun Colin had to have his –off the Wynn to see the golf course. We actually could not see the golf course as the only view was from a restaurant we probably could not afford so we walked away dejected. Colin quickly found the Wynn pro shop were we learned a round is $500/person, and was able to purchase himself a Wynn golf course hat (out of the sale bin) which he is very excited about – I must admit it is pretty nice.
Off to Fremont Street in the evening. Fremont Street was of the most amazing places in Vegas (and it’s free). Its the old Vegas strip and is tons of fun. This is were all the wedding chapels are and old casinos etc. There is about 3 or 4 blocks that is covered with a big roof which is actually a giant LED TV screen. Every hour a huge light and music show happens on the roof – and it is stunning. We spent the night there drinking free drinks and $2 Coronas, and yes Mom we found the infamous 99cent shrimp cocktail! If you know my parents at all there claim to fame is eating cheap in Vegas and they are good at it. There favorite is the 99 cent shrimp cocktail which Colin and I could not find last time we were in Vegas – we found it this time! We also gambled a bit – after I doubled our money at poker we cashed out and headed for the slots. We found some really fun/crazy machines – at one point we had won a combined 1500 credits. The more the bells rang, the more we won, the more excited we got, the more we drank and of course the more we giggled!!!!! I guess I should mention we were playing the penny machines!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha too funny - I have the same Luis Vuitton pic! Sounds like you're having a great time. Hey - it's +2 here right now! Warmest in 5 weeks I think! Feels like shorts weather....almost.....
Debra