Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Rambling of Thoughts!

Hey everybody. Well I finished my first day on the ward by myself with only 1.5hrs of overtime that I don't get paid for - YAY!! Here are my ramblings

Best thing I ever purchased = my backberry with my nursing programs

Second best purchase = my nursing tool belt - as they don't have med carts or supply carts so I caryy a bit of everything in it.

Paperwork here far exceeds Canada and FAR FAR exceeds patient care here. I assume d/t law suits, thats what I spent the extra 1.5hrs doing yesterday.

Be VERY VERY thankful for the kindness of our patients!

Be VERY VERY VERY thankful for our equipment, amount of staff (believe or not), and our organization at work in Kindersley!!!

Nurses are not allowed to eat or even have water at the nurses station - they threw out my LuLuLemon water bottle yesterday

Apparently using blue ink is a terrible offence.

The poor LPN's are treated terrible - they can only help you with vitals and personal care. Not dressings, not blood glucose, not admissions, and certainly not any meds - not even Tylenol.

What I miss most right now - the social aspect of work at home.

What I miss second right now is good chips - They have horrible chips here. I may even loose weight d/t this.

Travel nursing is its own culture here.

I just bought a potted palm tree for my deck - its lovely.

That's about all for now! Colin and I are doing well, Colin spends is days studying for his class and tending to trailer business/repairs and says he is enjoying his time off!! We are headed out for dinner and drinks tonight with a group of traveling nurses so we are both looking forward to that.

2 comments:

David & Brenda said...

Are you on days off? What is your schedule? Hope you are having a good time at work...sounds like you miss a few of us!!!! However, a great experience. What is your next adventure on your days off?: We are getting ready for our trip and looking forward to some warmer temperatures... it has been very cold again -29 and that is not including wind chills...and there has been wind. Dad misses Colin's daily marketing reports... he has managed to fight with the computer himself to find things himself. He would like to know how the truck ran??? or handled the pull?? We will try and bod ourselves while we are gone. It is the same as last year. Hope you have a great day.
Love Mom & dad.

Barb said...

Hey Andrea ..nusing sounds like a different world out there!! Very interesting. We are busy packing tonight and I have to try slip (unnoticed ) some of my things into Kevs bag. Why do us girlies have sooo much more to pack ??? Enjoy work and lovin the blog. Love you lots..Barb