Today we had a very relaxing day - our last day in Carin's. We picked up our car rental and headed off to Massmun Gorge and the Tropical zoo. We swam in a nice and cold fresh water river and got to hold both a koala bear and a crocodile, and feed the kangaroos - quite an experience! we also met Zont the crocodile that was pulled from the Tully river (where we rafted on the 14th). He was living in there and had eaten 30 head of cattle from a farmer that lived along the river, needless to say he was HUGE. It was already 35 degrees by 945 am this a.m. and is still 33 degrees at 10pm. This evening we sat in a local bar and watched some of the Olympics while we ate, which was nice because we both love the winter Olympics. We can see a small lightning storm in the distance and are hoping it rains to bring down the temp - although it did rain today already but did not do anything to the temp - just made it more humid!!! Anyway we are off to Airlie beach tomorrow (8hr drive) as we board our two day sailing trip to the Whitsunday's on the 18th - which is also our 5th wedding anniversary!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy 5th wedding anniversary! Are you glad you went to Kuranda? I'd recognize that backdrop anywhere! The koalas are super cute!
Safe travels to Airlie Beach.
Debra
Hey guys I am still on my week long trip to kelowna to snowboard at big white and i finally found some time to get to a computer and check out your trip! I can not believe you acutally bungee jumped, i laughed so hard thinking of you passing out and waking up to a free fall, haha! Good work on the hostel, I can't beleive your hostel has paint on the walls and pictures, wow high budge!ha I have totally enjoyed reading about all your adventures in teh last little while, LOVE IT ALL!!! I can't beleive you guys got to hold a koala, and see sharks and stick your hand in a clam, teehee ;)
You guys will be totally impressed... today i took a lesson in the park and learned how to turn 180 standing still, take a jump and do a 180 both frontside and backside regular and switch... well i am working on getting them down to perfection but i know how to do it know so ..... SWEEEEET! I also learned how to jump and grab my board edge, and we did some boxes..... the terrain park here is so cool.... we have to come to big white sometime.... it is awesome!
Anyway, totally got my phone wet and wrecked it so no phone for Ashley till I get back and see what sasktel will do about it so no bbm when you get back!
ANyway, take care, love you lots, have such a great time... well keep up the fun you have been having!
xoxo
Post a Comment