Well we have enjoyed our last few days in the desert. It was +35 in Yuma and we were dry camping in a casino parking lot - with no power - which means no A/C yikes! We have headed North to Parker and are enjoying it here as well. We have to giggle at all the snowbirds camping in the middle of the desert and I really mean IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DESERT. It looks like they have pulled off to the side of the road and just parked where-ever. We have spoken to some of these people and they stay in the middle of the HOT sand for months at a time with no services!
We are not that brave - we hightailed it out of Yuma and found a place with power and water. We have had a few good holes of golf and enjoy listening to the wild donkeys in the hills at night. however today is our last day in the real heat. As tomorrow we start our big travel days (15 and 16hr days) north. We should not be long now! I am anxious to get back to work - and am worrying what action I am missing in Kindersley. Internet is very few and far between and no one seems to have good enough connections for pictures so our blogs will be short and sweet and not as visually appealing as in the past! Take care and see you soon.
3 comments:
Can't wait to see you guys again! I hope your drive back goes well.
Debra
Golphing!!!
Haha, I left that golphing comment, but my computer was still signed in as you :)
Post a Comment