Well we have started our trek home, we headed to L.A. to do a few tourist things that we had planned on doing in April. We are staying in Malibu at a stunning R.V. resort with an amazing view. Everything is in bloom right now and the air is soooo sweet smelling - hummingbirds everywhere.
We were trying to decide what to do last night once we arrived and were watching T.V.. That's right - watching the Oscars - then realized they were going on only about 40 mins away (okay it may have crossed my mind earlier). So what is a girl to do stuck in Malibu on Oscar night . . . get dressed up and head to Sunset blvd Hollywood OF COURSE! So that's what we did - IT WAS AMAZING!!! We were originally heading to the Kodak theater for a glimpse of the action but a general public person could not get anywhere near the action. Police were everywhere blocking off all the roads. So we drove around for a while soaking up the excitement! THEN . . . we spotted the Vanity Fair after Oscar party!! So we found parking only 5 blocks away and headed in that direction. We got an amazing view point right up front against the barricades holding the public back. To be honest with you I did not think I would see much BUT . . . . we were there approx 4hrs and here is the list of celebrities I not only saw but got to talk to and shake hands with some of them. We got to see most of these stars at least twice, they got out of there cars/limos walked the red carpet went into the party and then again while they left and got back into there cars. The worst part is my camera's battery pack died about 30min into it all - can you believe it?
- Sara Jesica PArker
- Will smith and Jada pinkett smith
- Chevy Chase (got to talk to him, shake his hand and he introduced me to his daughter!)
- Jennifer Anniston and John Mayer
- Nicole Kidman & husband (nicole is more pretty in person than on t.v.)
- Robert Denier
- Mylie Cyrus
- Borat
- Kate beckansale
- Lesli mann & Judd Apatow
- Jason segel (colin brushed sholders with him)
- John Cleese
- Mary Heart (ET host)
- Jessica Alba
- Tyler perry
- Christina Appelgate
- Penelopee Cruz
- Semla Hayek
- Jessica Biele (no justin timberlake)
- John Voit (got to shake hands and speak with him)
- Ben Stiller & wife
- Seth Rogan
- Amy Adams
- Mickey Rourke
- Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal
- Diana Krall
- Anthony Hopkins
- Ron howard
- Vin diesel
- Cheryle Tieggs
- Kate Winslet with her oscar
- cast of high school musical
- Ann hathaway
- Gwen Stephanie & Gavin Rosdale
- Smokey robinson
- Debra messing
- Meryl streep
- Robert downey Jr
- Adriane Brody
- Martin Short
- John Legend
- Christopher walkins
- Heidi Klum & Seal
- Tilda Swinton
- Russel Simons
- Justin Long
- Bill Maher
- Tina Faye
So that about sums up our star sightings. We also saw many many directors, etc all with there oscars. I luckily had a pen and the back of an old reciept to write on in my purse as the star passed us or i never would have remebered them all. It was AMAZING! so much FUN!!
So this morning we woke made some coffee and whent for a walk, we have a perfect view of the ocean - complete with dolphins and even a whale swimming by in a pod!!!! I could not hardle believe my eyes!! After all th time I have spent on or near the damn ocean I FINALLY saw some sea life - and it was free!!!!!!
3 comments:
WoW, WOW. What fun. The whales and dolphins would have been a spectacular sight as well. Aren't hummingbirds so cute to watch. The RV spot looks great and such a good price. You are getting to the ranks to the experienced when you can get those deals with a view!!!! Almost senior!
Love mom & Dad
Hey Andrea and Colin!
I started reading your blog about a month ago then got behind and was working nights tonight and caught up what an adventure.. I am sooo jealous.. Sounds like you have had soo much fun and celebs that is over the top I am now green with envy haha!! What an amazing experience.. Too bad to hear about your contract.. I had heard clinical one was the one to go with as well! Keep and stories coming.. Andrea you are an amazing writer it is addictive to read!!
Take care and safe travels,
Kristin Walz
Ps keep the stories coming!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
OMG!!!!!!!
I am SOOOOOO jealous!! - THE OSCARS!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I would DIE!!!!! I am obsessed with celebrity sightings - of course I never see any but it is my dream!
OMG!!! That is sooooooo cool!
Post a Comment